Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Surprisingly Thirty

Finally the day came, after one long week in office and a late but less than eventful night's out with MY ONE.

I had a stomach upset and aching wrist to mark the beginning of my 30, machinery is old perhaps. Nonetheless, I insisted on a morning brunch at a chinese food outlet which I had been eyeing for some time. Food tasted really to my liking, obviously not to Di's coz' well it was too bland. Collected my own birthday cake and was thinking to myself, "Wow, what a birthday? Having to collect my own cake!" But it was chocolate banana, my favourite.

Had to nap and woke up to a bathing ammes in my place, as disclosed by my spy Claire. Sensing something's not too right, MY ONE finally confessed that he had planned for a surprise 30th birthday bash for me, inviting the KARKEYS, my good old pals since primary school. "You mean I am having a SURPRISE 30th birthday bash!"

The karkeys really made an effort to come all "surprisingly" at the same time, but knowing the karkeys, that was no mean feat. So it started off with ammes in my shower, then trickling in with ity, ange, awn, lulu, gina, cheryl and finally robbie. My mother-in-law made her appearance too even though she shouldn't be after the laser op. My dad-in-law, my uncle, auntie and cousin, almost 20 at my tiny home.

Pressies and ang pows aside, special mention must be given to MY ONE who got all this planned on the sly, thrown in with self arranged flowers. The karkeys for the well-thought sponsored hair-do to come at my dream salon, gina and cheryl for the whitening skin care series, my mum for making all these possible... ...sure beginning to sound like a soap opera to be.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My Family

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Karkeys
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Pressies (nope nothing in pink!)

So snapping out of it, I had my birthday wish granted, my 3 little ones blowing my 3 big candles, what more can one ask for?

Thanks Di for this "surprisingly thirty".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think nothing of it...I just had it all planned like 2 weeks before...
In any case, u're worth it!(Yeah sounds cliche.)

I just wanted to make it special for you, and like I said .."surprises and reminders"...I'm glad u like it.


Til our 10th anniversary ok...

5:13 PM  
Blogger dor said...

Cai, happy birthday dear!
xoxo

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

http://dreamwalk.blogspot.com

just in case u dont know how to use my blog...
click on: DeathWish

hehe.
i know.
it sounds and looks sinister.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home