Friday, April 29, 2005

Adios

10 weeks ago, I embarked on the unknown journey to SGX to commence my attachment. Straight out of maternity leave was one thing, blending in with the work pace, dressing and culture was then my primary concern.

Thinking that it was the safest and most professional outfit I could possible squeeze myself into then, I came looking like a waitress in a white long sleeves shirt and black pants with my hair bun-up on my first day. Since then, I have improved. Today on my last day, I came in a hip slim pair of jeans, a tube top (of course under the camouflage of a shawl), with makeup and hair nicely let down.

I have indeed learnt and grown, not just dressing, but also corporate politics (a game play which I am terribly lousy at) and of course on the professional subject matter of xBRL. Friends I have made, networks that I have established, hunks and babes I have met at Raffles Square, all of which I will miss definitely or indefinitely.

Above all the good food, scenery and intellectual conversations, I think I will miss being a shenton way worker bean the most, a social status which I have never had a chance at since graduation.

Adios to all here and hello to Clementi Hill. It’s back to my auntie days again……

2 Comments:

Blogger wei said...

I dont know about you, but I'm really stylish at Clementi Hill.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, by implication, all at clementi hill are aunties??

indignant 'auntie'

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home