Friday, May 13, 2005

Love Actually

Over lunch with a student today, the conversation topic became the journey towards true love. She was lamenting about the scarcity of matured-thinking men, much less having one to herself, and popped the classic question of "When do you know he is THE ONE?" at me.

I nearly choked on my food, not on emotions like my friends would hypothesize (I have grown out of being a cry-baby), coz' I really didn't expect lunch topics to become so serious. I couldn't give her a satisfactory answer, (no Di, not because I have not found the one) but you see it was over lunch and my brain always takes on the total ignorance mode during that hour of the day.

Pondering over it since came to one conclusion: I have found THE ONE, not sure when but I just knew Di is THE ONE in a million. He is the father of our 3 lovely kids, my lover, my soulmate, my listening ear, my caretaker and occasionally my punching bag and verbally abused partner. Bottomline is I had never regretted marrying him.

I know that doesn't sound like a sound positive advice a teacher will give to a student on her question but that was how and when I knew. Was hunting high and low to insert a photo of MY ONE but to no avail. Now instead of ONE, I am hoping for TWO, no not TWO Dis but TWO readers to this blog, my student and MY ONE.

(Can picture my private-lives-conversational-topics-adverse friends puking away whilst reading this......)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am touched..I mean it. not because I have to say so.

But first of all, I am sorry..sorry that I have been so busy and neglecting my "big" baby.

I know I have found my One. How do I know? You see,all the stars and signs point to You! zzo*@#$?

C'mon, when u think of me, I sneeze...I can go on and on abt why you are the One...But you know what..I am glad to have you..by my side..all this time.

Tks for being you, and thanks for coming into my life and being a big part of my everything...

Love Di

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home