Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dinner Date

Met up with my students last evening for dinner, and MY ONE insisted on coming along, for fear of any plausible unknown competitors. Of course after the first glance, he knew better that there are none to begin with, they are my students for goodness sake!

Conversational topics range from the common BGR to NS to universities, but never to supermarkets, babies and sales which yours truly is guru in. One of them, code-named FK, will be enlisted come 11 June, a date most dreaded in his mind I am sure. But being the very personal FK, no feelings about THE occasion was forthcoming.

To confess, I have been unduely sacarstic to him, remarks ranging from height to hairdo to outfits were aplenty in our exchanges. That's not to say that he didn't have fun at my expense with his comments about my being fat and slow during my pregnancy, suaku who will never read his blogs (the very reason why I started mine), my slimromatherapy sessions, etc. But I am truly concerned about his enlistment, the tough training he will undergo to say the least, like how all mothers would be worrying about their sons.

But FK will never go beyond the he he ha ha into his personal thoughts and feelings. Is our relationship so shallow that such personal stuff cannot be shared? Or that indeed there is a generation or professional gap which cannot be bridged. Whatever it is, I wish him all the best. He will be kept in my prayers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lim Chio (Fang Jie)

I had moved "house".

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not to worry, really, abt the enlistment. All guys had to go thru, to mature and grow up.

The time has come, and I will survive, thou with SHORTER (stress again, is not no hair) hair.

See ya on the graduation ceremony. Truly envious of your life, truly.

2:23 AM  
Blogger CAI said...

Dear Lover 101, MY ONE happens to be spying me all the time so please sign off with a different pen name at least, got to act intelligent sometimes. Work towards your dream life, dun just be envious. All the best for your NS and boy the presentation was really well done yesterday, as always right with the FK brandname.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home