Thursday, July 07, 2005

Shrink Shrunk?

There is this onsite shrink that I see in office. Not that she's qualified but whenever I need a listening ear, frank feedback or just a hug, her cubicle will be my place of solace. My shrink never fails to warm my heart and give it another pump to face life's challenges again. Recently, she has been seeing more "patients" than usual. I was just kidding the other day that I could be her counter "nurse" to collect fees and dispense "medicine".

The day came when my shrink reacted quite strangely. The "shrinkness" that she has rubbed off me sensed something was amiss. I hesitated to help coz' I am neither good with words nor qualified. My proscrastination left me guilt-ridden. The beans split the next day. Not that my shrink has "shrunk" but she's a human being afterall. All human beings need affirmation and love, just like my shrink.

I hope my hug helped, don't think my words did, as usual. But I am really glad that my shrink has bounced back today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So chim shrink shrunk...

2:50 PM  
Blogger dor said...

So, are you friends with the shrink, cai?
Wonder if it'd be difficult for people to have a relationship with their shrinks outside the sessions. You probably can tell me.
Well, at least your experience, or perception anyway.

5:47 PM  
Blogger CAI said...

Yo Dor, this shrink I see is not a professional shrink, she is just someone whom I can really sharemy inner most thoughts and feelings with in office. But I see no harm in maintaining a friendship with my shrink, they are afterall human beings needing of friends right?

6:08 PM  
Blogger dor said...

*nod* Agreed. I definitely think so. Glad your friend (shrink) and you have bounced back dear.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home