Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Angst

Another big word thrown at me by my hubby this morning en-route to the MRT station. I was just sitting up, straighter than usual, so as to spare my hair from any mess due to contact with his sports car crouched seat when he said "Why, another angst of yours ah?"

Refusing to look any more stupid in front of him, I resolved to find out what "angst" mean. So here I am writing about it after surfing the net. It encapsulates a feeling of anxiety or apprehension often accompanied by depression.

Whilst messy hair does provoke anxiety in me but definitely not DEPRESSION, disturbance perhaps. Although it does not count amongst the plausible "angstable"” issues for my hubby, it does for me.
His probable list of angst would include:

  1. Fried food and meat not served for dinner;
  2. Missing papers in the morning;
  3. No toilets to bomb;
  4. Frequent hunger pangs; and
  5. Carbohydrate withdrawal.

His list does cause depression and severe too at most instances. Now I know the reason behind the infrequent use and unappreciation of the expensive mohawk gel I bought for him recently, it is not "angst-worthy".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOI!! Personal attack!!!I thought the marraige vows said " for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer...not wash dirty linen in public"...

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok..maybe no depression for the hair...

And yr list of issues certainly causes me no "angst"...

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home