Tuesday, April 12, 2005

JL, HL & ASP

At the popular request of JL, a senior whom I have always looked up to, today’s blog will be devoted to my lunch date with her, HL and ASP, code names of my lovers if you are wondering……

Although my agenda for lunch was really modest, just glad to have company for lunch finally, in town where my attachment is held, hers’ was commercially driven, that of instant stardom and publicity, via my blog.

And so over lunch, we talked about balding men (come to think of it JL seems to be excellent at drawing such attention, 3 and counting, see I promised instant publicity), committees allocation at work (thank God I am out if IT but maybe into ANOTHER), bets on JL wedding date (HL, think my odds are still better than yours) and maids (on this ASP always seem to have better luck than all of us).

Nearer the end of our lunch hour (or was that two), we drew much attention from the other diners when all of them insisted on paying, an honor deemed befitting only for yours truly. Although my current currency converter unit is in cans of milk powder, the “investment” today is made for commercial gains in time to come: JL for my directorship (of something sounding big but actually rather small like Director of Wellness), HL for Ethan’s companionship with Nigel in class and hers too in our new committee (keeping my fingers and toes crossed that she'll be my new boss), and ASP for yet another lunch date this Friday.

By the way, they all look good in their new hairdo leaving me with my auntie-looking bun yet again! I sure hope they are reading this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello??? what balding men??? I asked for instant stardom, not instant infamy. Thanks for using my real initials too...now I'll be known as the shameless media whore ala Bai Ling style. In any case, thanks for lunch...so yummy and FREE! Gotta go get my shades now in case I get swarmed by fans...there must at least be thousands who read your blog right?? ;)

JL

8:51 AM  
Blogger CAI said...

GH, DP & MXX, that makes three balding men! You can count right or can't see? You the flower, they the bees, bees go to flower not the other way round, Bai Ling is a bee. Yes, you better take precautions, my BLOG's readership is definitely on the high side, increasing by the minute.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am one of the interesting people reading the blog, and no, I am not balding...

Jl...hmm is that Jea..Li..

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home