Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Stick of Satay

"Wow! So expensive! A set meal from Delifrance is equivalent to my 2 meals for a day", a sentence overheard from a colleague whilst he was glancing through TODAY today. It brought back thoughts when I was savouring a stick of beef satay my hubby bought last evening. I was thanking God and my lucky stars for that stick of satay and many more in the bag for dinner last night.

Gone were the days when satays were never heard of nor served during meals. That every leaf of vegetable, grain of rice, drop of sauce had to be rationed. We were very POOR then. Sometimes my mum and I would survive on 6 small buns for $1 everyday. Surprisingly those buns tasted very good then. Better than the satays last night? Maybe......

Anyhow, I am glad that life has definitely changed for the better in affluence sense but contentment wise...... maybe...... maybe not......

1 Comments:

Blogger wei said...

Why so contemplative over contentment? What else might you be yearning for?

And by the way, do you know how damaging is a stick of satay, asks ou-luak-at-11pm me?

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home