Friday, April 08, 2005

Hormones

It’s that time of the month again when my hormones get the better of me. This syndrome is commonly termed as Pre-Menstral-Stress (PMS). It is not so severe a condition that warrants medical attention, just my better half’s compassion, as always.

Who does it affect?
All comrades in the felinity tribe, post puberty and before menopause (yet another hormonal upheaval that affects our tribe, but increasingly thought to affect the other as well. Case in point: my better half, another topic that warrants the coverage of an entire new blog.).

When does it attack?
Just 2 to 3 days prior to the onset of the next cycle (if I ever get my predictions right that is. How else do you think I became the mother of three at such a tender age?)

Where does it hit?
Definitely the logical right brain, that explains the onset of my irrational self whenever the attacks surface.

How does it manifest?
Unreasonable outbursts like screaming at my better half for bombing the toilet 5 minutes longer than usual and forgetting to switch on the heater for my morning beauty bath, getting irritated with having to down a bottle of essence that my better half lovingly warmed up for me, insisting that my better half take the “supposed” shorter way to the MRT station and all other irritations with trivialities that would otherwise go unnoticed during my many other normal days.

Remedy?
SILENCE
from my better half (he’s not termed better half for nothing) and ultimately the guilt (sigh…. another condition that warrants some attention) that surfaces just when the spasms subside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home