Thursday, March 24, 2005

Late or Not

I had arranged to meet a student prior to work to return her autograph book at 0830 today. So being the ever-on-time me, I woke up earlier so as to be at the meeting place on time, or as usual, before time.

0820, I was there and, quite frankly, happy to be there earlier than my student. I just hate to make others wait for me, or for that matter, inconvenient others. That is just VERY ME and am proud of it.

0825, an sms came, "I'll be slightly late", to which I replied, "How late?". An almost instantaneous response came, "10 mins".

0845, we finally met.

Although I was quite happy sitting there waiting whilst digesting the shenton way morning fashion parade (and hopefully learn a style or two), I was nevertheless LATE for work this morning. Should I be annoyed? Has punctuality taken on a new definition in the younger generation leaving me, the dinosaur, still mulling over my ancient dictionary for "punctuality"?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This late thingy is really funny...
so what is the lesson learnt? Its cool to be LATE!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home