Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hypocrisy

Lunch with an ex-boss and a visit to a friend recently, both of whom I used to love and hate all at the same time, made me wonder if I am a Practising Hypocrite (PH).

The dictionary defines hypocrites as persons who profess beliefs and opinions that they do not hold. Whilst lunches and visits do not qualify as beliefs and opinions but why do I actually bother to engage myself in these outings even though I used to not like them, remember? The mystifying outcome was that I actually enjoyed their company thoroughly????

Did my opinion of them change, is the situation different now, have I mellowed or have I matured such that those tough lessons delivered by my ex-boss then are now understood and appreciated? Or that the situation that my friend is facing now makes her more deserving of sympathy than grudges? Or have I aged such that I am much lonelier now, craving for any form of social interaction?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very chim lei...

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not too sure abt yr definition of a practising hypocrite, but I guess sometimes we have to listen to the voice within us. Let your true feelings flow and you'll be a happier person.

9:50 AM  
Blogger wei said...

You lonely meh? We can always meet for tea when you're back in campus, you know.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Ammes said...

Hey Cai.... how about, we do forgive and forget? Cant hold grudges forever, might as well enjoy the moment, or the company. Take it easy, your friends are very free socialites. Do call them when you are bored.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home