Monday, April 04, 2005

Turning 30

No prizes for guessing my age.

I had breakfast with my friends yesterday at Kallang McDonalds, not very glamorous I know but considering my friends, it was already quite an achievement to wake up in the early hours of the morning to have breakfast TOGETHER! What more a “sponsored” one, one lecturer amongst us “redirected” vouchers for our use. (Leave you to ponder what this “redirection” meant.)

And no prizes again for guessing our conversational topic, yes, how to celebrate our coming-of-age, turning 30. (Note the phrase “coming-of-age” is increasingly used for turning 30 in addition to turning 18 and 21).

Again, that one particular lecturer suggested a theme party for all to bring friends whom the others within the group do not know, to bring people associated with our love past or simply to dress like her. Whilst the last suggestion requires some effort to revamp our wardrobe with un-matching attires, as one of us commented as a-matter-of-factly, the first two suggestions would render our party with just US! What does that say about our social circles and love lives!

Nonetheless, I can’t help but think about my 30th birthday bash on my way home and what my hubby once said “To grow old gracefully”. Guess I would just have a simple party, my family and friends with my three little ones blowing my cake (with only one big candle please) for me and in my “graceful” attire, no more skimpy minis but maybe a decent top and bottom, matching of course.

The days of insecurities have finally come to an end, my hubby would exclaim after reading this blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wa..becoming graceful by the day.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wa..becoming graceful by the day.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what's important is that at the end of the day, we find a purpose in life. What makes us happy, what makes us fulfilled.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home