Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Touched

Who says bosses are nasty? Mine made a trip all the way down town, from Clementi Hill, just to have lunch with me, or more specifically to buy me lunch, without any official agenda at all! Wow, what have I done to deserve this? I really meant the last sentence.

Then again it shouldn’t come as a surprise knowing that one of them took over some of my duties, not once but twice, when my pregnancies were made known. The other was always “banging tables” for me to get things done my way. I am not a manipulative person to begin with, you know?

I recalled one of my ex-boss ever said this, “A subordinate’s relationship with his boss is at best a love-hate one.” Am I lucky to have found 2 with whom I have love-love relationships with? Or is because of the luxury of time and humane presence in our academic industry that such bosses exist, which brings forth the point that humans are by nature nice and caring?

Whatever it is, I am indeed TOUCHED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home