Saturday, February 16, 2008

The GIRLS

Been reminding myself that I should get this down... ... lest something happens or my memory fails me, whichever comes earlier.

Over the CNY holidays, we brought the family to the East Coast Beach. The kids were delighted but forgetful mummy forgot to pack an extra set of clothes for Claire. Somehow when you have 4 to pack for, it gets harder to keep track. But if not for my forgetfulness, I would not have witnessed a touching exchange between the girls.

After their sand and water play, it was time to change up. The kiddos chose to go barefooted on route to the washrooms. However, the path was filled with pine fruits, those that gives you pokey pain when you walk on it. Sensing that Chloe, a hefty 13kg by now, had difficulty, Claire (my 23kg) carried her for the whole of the 200m journey, without a word of pain felt on her feet. The pain was rather unbearable even for me. But that was not the best part.

After bathing them, I realised my forgetfulness and promptly apologised to Claire. She thought nothing of it and just said, "Don't worry mum, I'll do fine with Nigel's worn clothes and the towels." And so we tracked back to campsite. Just as we approached, Chloe started her tandrums, ransacking our belongings, obviously looking for something but would not tell us what. Upon holding her firmly and asking in short sentences whilst maintaining eye contact, she finally blurted, "Jie Jie, dress?" and gestured to take her clothes off for Jie Jie.

For one, I know that should anything happen to mummy, Claire will be there for my special little Chloe girl. The bond between them, though not usually expressed in words, amazes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home