Sunday, January 20, 2013

Back to Full Time... ...Hope This Stretch Lasts

Been some time since I last posted, was either too busy working or squeezing out every last moment of my half time to spend with those who matter. 20 days into full time and I am beginning to reminisce the list of things I used to be able to do... ...

  1. Sip afternoon bubble coffee/tea with mum and munch on peanuts;
  2. Fetch kiddos from school and take afternoon naps with them;
  3. Prepare dinner in time for MY ONE's return after work;
  4. Golf and spa trips with MY ONE;
  5. Sanity jogs of 10km, 12km, 14km and even 16km;
  6. Blogging; and ... ...
  7. I had thought that shopping would top the list but surprisingly no. In fact, I did the least of that during my half time days. 

January 2013 has been a blur so far. Daily routine starts from 5am, prepare breakfast for the kids, change them up and fetch the bigger ones to school, reach office by 7am, catch up on some work before picking the younger ones up for childcare in time for my classes at 9am. Not spared during lunch hour, rush Nat (and sometimes Nigel & Chloe if they are dismissed early) back home with a quick bite of biscuits or fruits on route back office in the car. Good days in office end around 7pm in time to fetch Noah home from childcare, bad days much later around 8pm or even later. Quick/no dinner ensues before running tuition centre for the rest of the evening coaching them on their work. It's a luxury to sleep before 1130pm, usually it's way past midnight before I hit the bed after clearing some emails.

But it's not all hardwork all the time, it's "heartwork" too when kids appreciate the breakfast and recess I have prepared, that I am rushing during lunch hour to pick them up and chat with them about their day, of students appreciating my quick response in the middle of the night, of colleagues and bosses acknowledging the extra mile that I have gone. That I feel very torn if asked to choose between work or family says it all for I know the current momentum may not be sustainable. Of course MY ONE is not very helpful for his reply will always be the easiest way out.

Chloe's teachers have raised some developmental concerns during the recent parent teacher meet, which was no surprise even though she has come a long way since her autism suspect days. However, it's still a jolt since a while back for we had thought she was cruising during her lower primary days. But I am convinced that with God's grace, she will be able to overcome this hurdle yet again. 

For now, seeing the kids do well and connecting with them keep me going, especially their sms and whatsapp spams using their new handphones. Claire just received her triple Edusave Awards (Scholarship, Character, Achievement & Good Leadership) and Nigel will be representing his school for the first time in the inter-school badminton competition tomorrow. I have also grown alot closer to Chloe with the daily fetching to and fro when we could chat over biscuits and fruits about her day in school. Noah and Nat are the sweetest darlings I look forward to fetch, always smiling and eager for hugs.

Been drawing strength and peace from a close friend's Christmas present  - Year of Faith 2013, a daily read and reflection of the gospel. Really hope this stretch lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home