Monday, February 26, 2007

Claire (Part 2)

Hands Dirty
Chloe pee-ed in her pants one afternoon. She is currently under going toilet training. With only a helper and me at home, she was tended by the helper whilst I scooped around for a rag to clean up the mess. Seeing that I had difficulty bending to wet the rag, my Claire instinctively offered to clear her mei mei's mess, asked that I sit at the sofa. That she appreciated my physical discomfort and offered to get her hands dirty over mei mei's urine rendered me speechless.
Star Chart
I started a star chart at home for Teck and Claire. For every piece of good work they put up, a star will be awarded. And just like hotel loyalty programs, stars can be exchanged for gifts. Whilst Teck will negotiate for a bargain to exchange for his trains, Claire accumulated her stars. When asked what would she like to exchange for, her answer, "Mummy, I don't need anything now. Can I save them till when I need something in school?" Not forgetting, she opted for a cheaper pair of shoes so that the $10 saved could be channelled towards a funfair rides for Teck and her.
Baby Sitter
Chloe was throwing her tandrums when Claire was having her favourite mushroom soup for lunch. Noticing that the helper could not handle her tandrums, she dropped her lunch and distracted her mei mei with song and dance, knowing that Chloe loves to dance. Only when Chloe seemed appeased did Claire walk back to the dining table and continue with her cold soup.

3 Comments:

Blogger wei said...

What a mature little girl she is. I'm sure you're so proud of her.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww.. she's so sensible. ^^

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cai, you should be proud of yourself, you did a good job in bringing Claire up

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home